Monday, June 13, 2011

Agility

Man, the vball girls looked good today.

Upped the training schedule since we really only have three weeks until real practice starts to agility, arms, legs, agility, and Fridays off. Each day lasts for two hours and is split up with some serious core workouts. Started the agility stuff today, and they rocked it. Partly, I think, because they could see how the drills immediately applied to volleyball - that's also why I chose to go two days a week with agility... We'll see how that pays off. Two different kinds of agility drills: straight agility and mental agility. The girls were really shaky with the mental agility drills. I think we need to do more of that. I'm all about muscle memory when it comes to sports, but I think I'm doing them a disservice if I don't teach them how to think while they play. Some, the champs, do this naturally; others need a lot of work. We measure hops Wednesday against their old stuff from a few weeks ago...also interested to see how that turns out.

Had the first parents' meeting tonight. They are some take charge, idea generating, super planning women. Love them. And my Booster Club mom is a saint! I'm very blessed.

Hurry up August!!

No comments:

Post a Comment