Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Here's the thing...

about clutter: it falls into two categories.

1. things you don't want to give up because they remind you of the past

and

2. things you don't want to give up because you might possibly need them in the future.

Everything I own is cluttered with useless crap.  Knick knacks (which I'm MAKING more of....gah.). Photos of people and places I don't remember. Ticket stubs from Paranormal Activity. Really? CDs I'll never listen to again (Audio Adrenaline? Really?). T-shirts from high school. Shoes from college.

I seriously think I need to de-clutter my life starting with my possessions. All of this mess is keeping me from living fully in the moment. I will never need that packet of info from Pigg's HOE class. Ever. Why do I still have it?

I'd like to say I'm trying to be zen in 2010....but I'm a year late. I can say that I will begin to declutter my life.

Starting with my room. I can now see the floor! Yay.

(Also, I really REALLY like the word really. And this clip.) (Also, I think it's just wrong to still do really with Seth and Amy without Amy.)

No comments:

Post a Comment